Phew! These past few weeks have been full of the SAT, track meets, papers, IB exams and other tests, etc. Sorry I haven’t posted– I just haven’t had any time!
Here’s a quick recap of my life the last few weeks:
- I took the SAT! *groan*
- The same day I took the SAT, I raced the two mile. My brain was totally fried and we raced really late, but I still got my season goal of sub- 11:20! I went through the first mile in 5:37 right behind my teammate and another girl. They started to speed up because their goal was closer to 11 flat, so I just tried to hang on. I finished in a PR of 11:19! My teammate won and our speedy freshman ran a 2o second PR and finished close behind me to qualify for states! Cray.
- Hard workouts from the past few weeks include 8x400m between 74-79, 3x1000m/4x200m, and the never-ending 3x800m relay workout (2:36, 2:45, 2:50. Very hot!). Can you tell we are tapering?
- Quad meet to try for some regional autos…too bad you can’t get regional autos in a meet with less than ten teams! C’mon VHSL. I still split a 63 in a 4×400, so that was nice 😉
- IB Economics exam last week, which meant I only went to school for less than 90 minutes on both Monday and Tuesday
- Hot weather meant early morning workouts! Not that I don’t wake up at 5:30 anyway, #lightsleeperproblems
- Unnecessary milkshakes/froyo/French bread
- But I did counteract it with salads…
- Mother’s Day! We went for a family hike including the dog
- I tried my hand at being social for once… pizza and s’mores with some friends last night!
Life has been pretty crazy lately, but summer is only a month away! My friends won’t shut up about SATs and college, and it’s driving me insane. I honestly like talking to parents about college more than my friends because at least the adults make it about you and not a competition. With friends, it’s more like, “What subject tests are you taking/I’m going to apply Early Decision here even though they’ve never accepted anyone from our school ever so basically I’m better/what do you mean you can’t take the SAT in June what are you going to do/I feel guilty because I’ll get into a better school than my sister/I’m also going to take the ACT/you don’t know what you’re writing your Extended Essay on yet??/wow/this is so not a competition but it actually so is.”
Great way to end a post. Cheerio!