Shoutout to Mother Nature and the VHSL

It rained all day on Sunday, and the water froze because of the low temperatures, creating a county-wide ice rink!  We woke up on Monday to the unexpected announcement that school was cancelled.  Usually, I wake up in the morning vowing to steer clear of electronics/technology and to be super productive, but this day was not one of them.  I made myself breakfast (oatmeal with pink lady apples, frozen raspberries, and almond butter) and curled up in bed to binge watch House on Netflix.

The temperature skyrocketed up to 40 degrees, so I decided to go for a short run.  My injury hurt during last Friday’s run, so I used the elliptical for 30 minutes last Saturday and took Sunday completely off.

I ran on the roads (clear) and the bike trail (icy) for 25 minutes, and my injury didn’t bother me at all, which was encouraging! I was getting pumped up to leave for states on Wednesday afternoon, race the 4×800 Thursday, come back Friday, and take some time off to completely rehabilitate.  My friend and I were going to be missing our IB Topics mock exam (worth six test grades) and were scheduled to make it up this coming Monday and Tuesday.

On Tuesday night, I packed all my bags for the trip.  I ended up packing more for the two-day trip than I usually do for a multiple-week trip across the country!  IMG_4993 IMG_4994

Needless to say, I failed at fitting everything into my tiny school locker and had to cart most of it around all day…

At 11:11 am on Wednesday, 4 hours before we were supposed to leave, our coach informed us that states had been postponed again due to the expectation of snow where we were and ice pellets where states was.

Moaning and complaining, we dragged all our stuff home and unpacked.  At least I wouldn’t miss the mock exam, right??

It snowed six to eight inches yesterday, resulting in no school yesterday or today.  Therefore, I technically have a six day weekend, although I have to go to school for three hours tomorrow to take half of the Topics mock!

I didn’t run yesterday because my foot was killing me, so I wore KT tape all day and stuck it in a tub of icy water for a few minutes.  I guess I could’ve just gone outside and grabbed some snow, though.


I also had some Nuun. Not a big fan.



IMG_5018I’ve been trying to be more conscious of what I’ve been eating recently because I had fallen off that train for awhile and definitely gained some weight.  I think I’m doing a pretty good job, although my mom made ribs for dinner twice in one week and who can resist that?


My go-to breakfast: old-fashioned oatmeal, milk, apples, frozen raspberries, almond butter, and cinnamon


Yesterday’s lunch: omelet with spinach and Boursin cheese, open-faced PB&J, bell peppers and hummus (plus unpictured key lime Greek yogurt)


Pasta with sauce, chicken, and steamed spinach

Dessert: strawberry bowl and some Dove dark chocolate

Dessert: strawberry bowl and some Dove dark chocolate



I wore French braids yesterday because I wanted to see how they felt while running.  Although I only ran for 46 seconds, I kept the braids. 🙂


Of course, when I took them out, I had an out-of control mane…

The roads are ridiculously icy, and I don’t know what the track is like.  We have 6-8×200 on the schedule today, but I don’t know how that’ll happen (my treadmill doesn’t go over 10 mph, which isn’t conducive to pick-ups).  We’ll see.  States in three days! (If it gets postponed again, I quit. Just kidding).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s