I have amazing news for you!
That is all.
Just kidding. But seriously, today was beautiful: sunny and 82 degrees. After literally three weeks of rain, my dog and I both made sure to get much more than our daily allotment of Vitamin D.
This is my first “real” week of summer training, although the volume remains really low. I have 24 miles and three days of cross training scheduled. Yesterday, I ran four miles and did upper body strength and yoga, and this morning brought 5 miles and a leg lift. I felt pretty good.
One of my many goals for this summer is to be self-motivated to do yoga at least once a week. I am really bad at yoga but always feel better after I do it, even if it’s just twenty minutes! (Sounds like bullshit, but it’s true.)
Other summery (and non-summery) things that have happened recently:
- Pretty great date in Georgetown (the same place I went after high school graduation!) This Brussel’s Sprout pizza has my heart.
- I made the Dean’s List!! Hadn’t checked my grades yet since the end of spring semester, so the email was a nice surprise. 🙂
- Baked a triple berry crumble when we hosted some people over the other night.
- Scheduled a summer job interview…wish me luck!
- Got a summer haircut…4 whole inches chopped off the mane! Can you tell?
- Last but not least, I started listening to country music…I know. Who am I? My whole life has been anti-country music. But it’s not bad!