Last Sunday of the semester! Classes are over, 3 finals loom over my head, and by this Wednesday night I will be halfway done with junior year of undergrad. What!?
This weekend was full of studying, holiday parties, lunch dates, and watching “Suits” on Amazon Prime. And it snowed! I’m currently jamming to Jim Croce while I take a break from studying and wait for my laundry to dry.
Over the past two days, I’ve probably consumed about 300 grams of sugar, so I’m kind of crashing from sugar jitters into a sugar coma that isn’t conducive to productive studying. Sorry, Spanish final grade… #Ididthistomyself
Anyway. I had a really good last week of training and life. Sorting stuff out with my coaches, starting to feel normal again while running, and looking forward to building the strength
and the booty in the weight room.
Week of 12/4-12/10:
- Monday: AM: 30 min bike. Trainer for stim/heat + stretch. PM: lap, active warm-up, lap, speed ladder, hurdles, 5 miles, general strength, foam roll, rope stretch.
- Tuesday: lap, active warm-up, 2 miles, 3 mile tempo (6:27, 6:17, 6:22), 2 miles. I am out of shape! Lift in weight room- felt strong but weak (as in, I felt good but know I will be much stronger.) Stim + NormaTec.
- Wednesday: AM: 60 min pool (30 swim, 30 aqua jog). My swim pace is getting faster! PM: circuits, rope stretch, foam roll.
- Thursday: AM: lap, active warm-up, 8 miles, upper body lift in weight room, NormaTec + stim/heat. Run felt stiff and tiring but good meeting! PM: 20 min bike.
- Friday: AM: 6 miles kinda fast, felt good! 4 x strides, speed ladder, hurdle drills, general strength 2. PM: circuits (4 min elliptical w/u and c/d)
- Saturday: 9 miles (started at 7:20s, cut down to 6:40s, and my last mile was like 6:25). It was rainy and cold but I felt awesome! The group was great.
- Sunday: 30 min bike. Planning on doing yoga tonight, but we’ll see if that happens 😉