Happy Sunday! I spent the morning at a new cafe across from my dorm reading about devalorized femininity in the military and studying for an accounting midterm. The coffee shop’s aesthetic was amazing; the prices and products, not so much. This afternoon will be spent checking more things off the to-do list but also relaxing 🙂
The past week has been interesting. Physically, both my workouts were good and my runs felt fine. I belatedly switched to new trainers and SuperFeet inserts, so my legs and feet have been sore. Emotionally, I was a little bit rollercoaster-y. Gotta love feelings
Week of 10/31-11/6:
- M: AM: 3 miles + core. Started using new shoes. PM: 2 lap w/u, speed ladder, hurdle drills, 7 miles, 4 x 150 strides, pull-ups/push-ups/dips, 10 min yoga.
- T: 20 min w/u, drills, strides, 2 miles controlled up-tempo (~12 min?), 6 min run back to track, 2 x [1000, 600] with 2 min rec. 3:30, 2:00, 3:29, 2:00. Felt pretty controlled. 3 mile c/d, lower body lift in weight room.
- W: 5 miles trails + core. PM: massage on tight quads and calves.
- Th: AM: 2 lap w/u, speed ladder, hurdle drills, 7 miles, 6 x 100 strides, upper body lift in weight room. PRed in amount of unassisted chin-ups (17 out of 24) and underhand cable row! (The next day I was very sore.) PM: 3 miles
- F: 20 min w/u, drills, strides, 2 x 800 w/ 200 recovery run (2:48, 2:49), 3 x [4 x 400] w/ 60s rest first set, 90s second set, and 2:00 last set. [80, 78, 77, 77], [76, 75, 75, 76], [75, 75, 75, 75]. Very windy! Focused on cycling/turning over quickly. 3 mile c/d
- Sat: shorter long run 9-10 miles. Not great.
- Sun: off
PSA: My mom finished her first marathon! She is officially a marathoner 🙂
Another highlight from the past week includes the best oats of my life:
The secrets to the best oats ever: Use almond milk, and cook shredded apple directly into the oatmeal. I microwaved 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a splash of vanilla extract halfway, added the shredded apple, and finished cooking the oats. I then added cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and the rest of the apple. They were unbelievably creamy and amazing.
Last night, my roommate and I cooked dinner in the dorm before going to see “The Girl on the Train.” I read the book so I knew what was coming, but the ending…damn. It was cringe-worthy in the best way.
Dinner: pan-seared steak, spaghetti squash with basil/onion marinara, sauteed zucchini, and roasted Brussels sprouts.
We leave for NCAA D1 Regionals in just a few days, and I couldn’t be more excited! I can’t believe it’s almost here!