Happy Monday! I hope everyone’s week is off to a great start. I got up early this morning, per usual, and ran 6 miles before dawn. My friend joined me for 4 of them. The weather was unseasonably warm, humid, and somewhat oppressive today…lovely.
Somehow, I got to my 8 am business analytics much earlier than I normally do. Miracles do happen! Of course, I was ready for lunch by 9:30 am and spent the day being a bottomless pit. After afternoon practice, I made a really good vegetarian dinner with a bucketload of homemade Thai peanut sauce 😀
Anyway, last week’s training was meaty but went well! I took an off day yesterday and am excited to travel up north with the team for our first 6k of the season later this week.
Week of 10/2-10/8:
- Monday: AM: 6 miles, felt pretty fresh! PM: form drills, speed ladder, hurdle drills, 4 miles, 3 x “X” strides, planks/push-ups, rope stretch, foam roll. Total: 10 miles.
- Tuesday: AM: 18 min w/u, drills, strides, 2 x 1000 retro w/ 90s rec (3:37, 3:36), 2 x 1000 w/ 2 min rec (3:29, 3:26), 2 x 800 retro w/ 3 min rec (2:39, 2:37), 2 x 1000 w/ 90s rec (3:36, 3:37), 13 min c/d. Lower body lift + ice bath. Went hard on the front squats! PM: 2 miles + NormaTecs. Total: 11 miles.
- Wednesday: early AM: 6 miles. Very sore from lift; some bunion/foot pain but probably because shoes are old. PM: core + foam roll.
- Thursday: 18 min w/u, drills, strides, 3ish mile tempo with first 90s hard (17:30), run back to track, 4×400 w/ 90s rec (75, 75, 74, 71), 20 min c/d. Upper body lift in weight room. Ice bath. Total: 10 miles.
- Friday: AM: 6 miles. PM: form drills, speed/hurdle drills, 4 miles easy, 6 strides, planks/push-ups. Total: 10 miles of running…many miles of walking. #Ouch. Started wearing new shoes and what do you know- like 75% of my bunion pain disappeared!
- Saturday: Long run workout. 2 mile w/u, 5 x 6:00h, 3:00e, 4 x :30h, :30e, 20 min c/d. Total = 11 miles. Started off feeling “eh” but felt progressively stronger throughout the workout!
- Sunday: Off. Some core/yoga.